Pumpkin Cheesecake with 4 Alarm Snaps Crust
This Thanksgiving we are grateful for so many new things: from new Pretzelphoria team members to new flavors to our pretty new website. So, in the spirit of NEW, we are so excited to give our Thanksgiving dinner a delicious update! We're all for spicing things up around here!
Our honorary team member Marianne shared this recipe for a Pumpkin Cheesecake — a decadent spin on your Pumpkin Pie. We thought we'd give it a go this year, with a special Pretzelphoria twist.
Alton Brown's recipe calls for a ginger snap crust, so what better way to spice things up than to use our 4 Alarm Snaps, delicious, crispy ginger snap cookies coated with a dusting of chili pepper. The zing from the spices is the perfect complement for the creamy, rich texture of the cheesecake filling.
- 16 ounces of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 6 ounces dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 7 ounces Pretzelphoria 4 Alarm Snaps (about 20)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted plus extra for the pan
Find baking instructions here on Alton Brown's website.
For more recipes and inspiration visit our Fall Favorites on Pinterest.
You can buy our 4 Alarm Snaps here.